The Oscars are approaching, causing a wee wave of panic in cinephiles as they scramble to see every Best Picture nominee before the big day. Culina at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills is here to help. This consistently terrific Italian food mecca happens to be close to the hotel’s state-of-the-art screening room. From Feb. 1-8, the hotel will offer every single nominee for Best Picture along with a lunch or dinner menu prepared by chef Luca Moriconi, starting with a Saturday matinee of the Irishman and ending the following Saturday with Ford Vs. Ferrari.
Before evening screenings, Moriconi and crew will cook a three-course dinner ($59), offering guests their choice of antipasti: zupetta di cavolfiore, a soup of roasted cauliflower puree, beluga lentils and EVOO, kabocha squash ravioli with butter and sage, a seasonal truffle salad, or burrata and prosciutto with melon, persimmons and aged balsamic. Second course choices include agnello arrostito: roasted lamb loin with mashed sweet potato, pear mostarda, white balsamic and a pear tricolore salad; roasted striped bass with white asparagus and fumetto emulsion; pizza zucchini with cashew cream (hey, even the Oscars are going vegan), or spaghetti all’amatriciana with guanciale, San Marzano tomato, pecorino Romano and Calabrian chili pepper. Dessert options are almond panna cotta or tiramisu with soaked espresso-soaked ladyfingers and mascarpone whip. Matinee screening meals ($35) are based around a farmer’s market buffet with salads, cheese, and charcuterie with a choice of protein, plus desserts and fresh fruit, among other things.
With the price of the meal comes the movie in the 37-seat theater that has reclining leather chairs, plush blankets for every guest. Popcorn is given to every guest as well and proceeds benefit the Lollipop Theater Network, a non-profit that “brings the magic of movies to children confined to hospitals nationwide due to chronic or life-threatening illnesses.” It’s a great cause and a fantastic experience for movie lovers. The full schedule of films, dates and times is below while reservations at Culina can be made at (310) 860-4000.
The 4th Annual Four Seasons Culina Oscar Film Week Schedule:
· Saturday Matinee, February 1: Irishman – lunch at 12:30 pm followed by movie at 2:00 pm
· Saturday, February 1: 1917 – dinner at 6:00 pm followed by movie at 8:00 pm
· Sunday, February 2: Little Women – dinner at 6:00 pm followed by movie at 8:00 pm
· Monday, February 3: Parasite – dinner at 6:00 pm followed by movie at 8:00 pm
· Tuesday, February 4: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – dinner at 6:00 pm followed by movie at 8:00 pm
· Wednesday, February 5: Marriage Story – dinner at 6:00 pm followed by movie at 8:00 pm
· Thursday, February 6: Jojo Rabbit – dinner at 6:00 pm followed by movie at 8:00 pm
· Friday, February 7: Joker – dinner at 6:00 pm followed by movie at 8:00 pm
· Saturday Matinee, February 8: Ford vs. Ferrari – lunch at 12:30 pm followed by movie at 2:00 pm
Leave a Reply